Reading- JOB 1:1-22
Questions to Covered:
1. If God is omniscient, why did God ask Satan where he had come from ()?
2. What was the real meaning behind Satan’s answer (see )?
3. Why did God mention Job after Satan’s answer ()?
4. In , Satan gives us his philosophy of humanity as it relates
to God. What in essence is Satan saying about humanity’s relationship with God?
5. What prohibition did God place on Satan with regards to what Satan could do to Job ()?
6. Does this mean that Satan can only do what God allows him to do?
7. What appears to be the elapsed time period between the first person to bring Job bad news and the last one (notice the phrase
“while he was still speaking”)?
8. What was Job’s reaction to God concerning the tragedy that had
just befallen him ()?
9. In , we are told that there were a multitude of infirmed
people huddled around the pool at Bethesda. Why did Jesus heal
just the one person ()?
Dr. Purvis started Growth Project with Robert Houghton after spending 20 years on active duty as a Chaplain in the United States Navy. After many moves and multiple deployments, he settled in Winter Haven, Florida to do God’s will. A glutton for educational punishment Danny has a BA in English from Carson-Newman College, an MDiv from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary; a ThM from Princeton Theological Seminary; and a PhD in Organizational Leadership from Regent University. He has been married to his wife Kimberly (whom he met when they were 6 years old) for nearly 30 years and they have four wonderful children.