Supplementary Reading: , .
1. Why do you think God went into such detail about Job’s character?
2. How does God portray Job as a father?
3. Why does God tell us how wealthy Job is?
4. In, why does Jesus answer the Rich Young Ruler’s
question with a question?
5. What is the significance of the question Jesus asks the Ruler?
6. What incorrect presupposition did the Ruler have that Jesus had to
7. In the passage, what errant presupposition did the
Disciples have in their opening question?
8. What was the Disciple’s theology of suffering based on their
9. How did Jesus correct their errant presupposition concerning the
purpose of pain and suffering?
Get your free copy of our JOb Reading guide http://www.growthproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Job-Six-Week-Reading-Guide-Growth-Project-Radio.pdf
Dr. Purvis started Growth Project with Robert Houghton after spending 20 years on active duty as a Chaplain in the United States Navy. After many moves and multiple deployments, he settled in Winter Haven, Florida to do God’s will. A glutton for educational punishment Danny has a BA in English from Carson-Newman College, an MDiv from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary; a ThM from Princeton Theological Seminary; and a PhD in Organizational Leadership from Regent University. He has been married to his wife Kimberly (whom he met when they were 6 years old) for nearly 30 years and they have four wonderful children.