1. Ricks question: “Is there some significance to mark taking the time to record the blind mans statement about seeing trees? “And he took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village, and when he had spit on his eyes and laid his hands on him, he asked him, “Do you see anything?” And he looked up and said, “I see people, but they look like trees, walking.” Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again, and he opened his eyes, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.”
2. Kelly’s Question 16:12 what does it mean that Jesus appeared to two of his disciples in “another form “. And do we know who the two disciples were? I know you touched on this in the group but I think you could add some clarity for us.
2. Just like we discussed last week it seems the more we read the more we are confronted with the Jesus of the bible and his true character and nature. He went beast mode and was casting out demons that were terrified of him? Like in Mark 5 when we’re introduced to “Legion.” This story raised several questions:
a. Who and what is legion?
b.Why did the demons want to be cast into pigs then run off a cliff?
c.Why did the people freak out and want him to leave?
3. Mark 14: Why were they “indignant” over the ointment. What is $300 Denari worth in today’s terms? What was the significance of the ointment? is there any correlation to the “Leper” mentioned at the opening of this scene?
4. Faith healing?
– And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.”
– “And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.
5. Baptism required?
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
So is baptism a requirement to be saved?
6. LUKE: How does Luke differ from the gospels we’ve just read. (Great opportunity to reinforce sticking with the reading and also the blessing of having 4 versions of the same story.
Co-Host Growth Project Radio, Producer, Designer, Camera guy, and all the other things cool people do!