The Becoming One Marriage Retreat is an amazing opportunity for couples to focus on their marriage with the hope of making it everything God intended it to be. The retreat runs from Friday evening to Sunday morning and is designed to guide married and premarital couples through the pathways to a successful marriage. Built on a solid, Biblical foundation, this unique retreat provides practical insight into the very first institution God ever created with innovative strategies and constructs. If there is one thing every married couple has in common, it is a desire for their relationship to be the best it can possibly be. The Becoming One Marriage Retreat helps with that desire. Listen to these comments made by couples who have recently attended Becoming One.
What to expect
Becoming One is unlike any marriage retreat/seminar before. We endeavor to include every aspect important to a successful marriage while keeping the information practical and accessible. We here at Growth Project have ensured that this experience will be unlike anything you’ve ever encountered before. We can produce the retreat in our local area of Central Florida with all of its amazing, local attractions that make this the vacation spot of the world, or we can bring our services to your location. Here are a few things you can expect on a Becoming One weekend.
- A Biblical foundation and understanding of marriage including the source of all tensions in marital relationships.
- Since personality plays a huge role in marriage, each participant will take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. The MBTI will be scored and interpreted in light of how we are uniquely created and how are personality plays a huge role in marital bliss and distress.
- The section entitled Relationship Killers provides insight on not only the most obvious threats to marriage, but also the more subtle but just as dangerous ones.
- One of the more powerful segments explores the Biblical characteristics of both husbands and wives and how important it is that we understand these features.
- Probably the most popular module is entitled The Marriage Pyramid. This unique approach to the understanding of the essence of a Godly marriage is now available in a book by the same name. Routinely listed as the most unique and memorable segment of the weekend, The Marriage Pyramid will change the way you see marriage.
- Sunday morning ends the retreat with an in-depth discussion of the role that forgiveness plays in a successful marriage.
- The retreat/seminar leader is Dr. Danny Purvis who has more than 20 years counseling married couples. Dr. Purvis has led dozens of these types of marriage retreats and has an easy, engaging manner that will help you see aspects of marriage that you’ve never seen before.
If you have any questions or if you wish to book a retreat, please call 863-604-9631 or reach out to Dr. Purvis personally at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to discuss any and all options for providing a retreat for you and your organization. Let us know when and where you would like us to provide the retreat and we will get back to you immediately.
Dr. Danny B Purvis currently serves as President of Growth Project and as pastor of Harmony Community Church in Harmony Florida. He is a retired Navy chaplain where he spent 20 years on active duty. He has counseled hundreds of married couples over the years and had led dozens of successful marriage retreats. He is the author of The Marriage Pyramid: Pathway to a Godly Marriage. He has been married to Kimberly for nearly 30 years and they are parents to four amazing children and one wonderful grandchild. They currently reside in Central Florida.